Manage your Time
We all have given equal time :
- 60 seconds a minute
- 60 minutes an Hour
- 24 hours in a day
- 7 days a week (168 hours per week) and
- 365 days a year.
All in 24 hours !
- Our heart beats 1,03.689 times
- Our nail grows 0.000115 cm.
- Our body sheds 1.43 liters of sweat.
- we breaths 23,043 times.
- we inhale 483 cubic feet of air
- work 70.09.000 of our brain cells work
Imagine that there is a bank that credits your account every morning with Rupees 86,400, with a condition that you have to spend it that day only and whatever left, will not be carried over. Then what would you do? Of course, you spend out every Rupee.
Similarly, everyone is credited every day 86,400 (60x60x24) seconds into your “Time Bank” account, which can not be carried over the next day i.e. if you fail to use the day’s credits, the loss is yours. There is no going back. There are no savings against “tomorrow”. You must live in the present on today’s credits. You have to invest it properly in order to get the most returns out of it in terms of health, happiness, and success !!
Time can not be saved. Time runs away continuously despite our efforts to control it. We all are provided with 24 hours each day. The key is in how we utilise that time. We can use it wisely, or we can waste it, but we can never save it. At the end of the day, it’s gone.
We all have the same amount of time, 24 hours in every day. It’s a question of what we do with that time that makes the difference.
Important facts we should know about TIME
- It is an economic resource
- It cannot be expanded or contracted
- It is irrecoverable and irreplaceable
- It is free yet it is expensive and precious
- It is highly perishable
- Most of what is called ‘cost’ are the cost of time
- It is quantifiable (seconds, days, months, years)
- It is a flow from past to present to future in the context of experience
- It is a flow from future to present to past in the context of planning
- The flow is one way and irreversible
TIME = MONEY ! Its not True !!
Time is money.
In fact, Time is more than money. It is life itself. We can always get more money, but we can never get more time. It’s irreplaceable. When time’s gone, you’re gone.
When we think of money, we begin thinking of income, expenditures, investments, etc. i.e. we think of budgeting. But we won’t budget our valuable time.
Just as we invest our money wisely we should also be wise with our time budgets.
Every day try yourself :
- A little bit quicker.
- A little bit better.
- A little bit smarter.
Learn something every day, just one new idea or knowledge a day. That’s all we need to improve ourselves.
List the three important things in life that mean the most to you. They might be your reason for your living.
Try to spend your major time on these three things that you’ve listed as the most important in your life. If you are not doing so then you are mistaken about your priorities, and you aren’t putting your time where your priorities are. Remember that sometimes the important things don’t necessarily require much time.
What you accomplish during 24 hours depends on your own motivation, your energy, your knowledge, your skills, and your abilities.
Time management is not a way to make you work harder and longer, but a means to help you work smarter to accomplish your work more easily and speedily.
Proper Management of time
Proper management of time helps –
- to Be a more productive, and successful person
- to increase personal happiness and satisfaction
- to become more organized
- helps things go smoother both in the workplace and home
- to achieve a more balanced life.
- to enjoy more time with family and friends
Remember the “5 P‘s”: Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
If you spend Thirty minutes in planning at the end of each day you’ll save an hour the next day. Planning helps you keep focused. Remember to be realistic when planning. Don’t take on more than you can handle, and allow for contingencies.
We cannot make up for a lost time. But we can make better use of our time left.
Next: Calculation of time/Budgeting your time